Cats are not found in Walking Dead comics or TV series. Some say cats have nothing to do with zombies, but I think they would play important roles if they were there.
In the first place, why are there no cats in Walking Dead comics nor TV series? There is a reason behind it.
The reason is that the author of the original comics, Robert Kirkman, is afraid of cats. He says he was attacked by a cat when he was a child. He says he still has trauma from that experience and therefore he can’t stand looking at cats or thinking about them. So he makes sure no cats appear in his comics.
The artist behind the comic book franchise, Robert Kirkman, explains in an interview with Rolling Stone how he came up with this idea. He states that the artist enjoys drawing both people and zoms so much more than animals. Charlie Adlard, the illustrator, chose not to include animals in the story.
The debate on whether or not we should have cats in the comics and TV series of the Walking Dead is a hot topic. There are some people who believe that adding cats to the comics and TV series will be a good distraction from all of the gore and violence and that it will create a bit of lightheartedness. However, there are also those who disagree with this idea because they feel as if it is completely unnecessary to add something so irrelevant to such an intense show.
We should not have cats in Walking Dead comics nor TV series because they do not contribute anything new to the story. Adding them into this storyline falls into the category of “shoehorning” which means that we had them inserted into something where they don’t belong.
That’s why cats are not found in Walking Dead Comics or TV series. They are not found in the comics or TV series, but are there no cats in the real world? The answer is no. Cats are everywhere. They live in our houses and eat our food. We can’t live without cats. Cats are mysterious animals that have been living with us for a long time and have been helping us in many ways, but we have done nothing to thank them.
Reasons of Why There Are No Cats on Walking Dead Comics
Cats are mysterious animals, and people have been prejudiced against them for a long time.
- Cats are hard to understand:
Most people think cats are selfish and always do whatever they want.
- Cats don’t like to be friends with us:
Cats seem to be indifferent to us and don’t like to be friends with us.
- Cats are sly:
Cats are sly and never show their weaknesses.
- Cats can’t be trained easily:
It is not easy to train a cat because it is hard to make friends with them.
- Cats are too smart and can learn human’s habits:
Because cats are sly, they can learn human habits easily and know when they should run away.
- Cats are selfish: They are selfish and only care about themselves.
- Cats are always hunting: They are always hunting and don’t seem to have time to make friends with us.
- Cats are too attractive: They look so beautiful and cute, but they can never be our friends.
- Cats are too mysterious: We can’t understand what they are thinking, so they will never be our friends.
- Humans love cats. Studies have found that people are more likely to buy products when it is associated with a cat. However, Walking Dead books and TV series are set in Atlanta, Georgia, which is known to have no cats. This is why there are no cats in Walking Dead comics or TV series.
- The show is a TV series with the aim of frightening viewers. Thus, cats are not included in the TV series because it would be weird to see them in this context.
- The Walking Dead is a zombie apocalypse story, and it is often said that the most notable aspect of the show is that it has no zombies in it.
- Lack of cats in the Walking Dead universe
- Cats were used as hostage, so Rick went with dogs instead of cats to be able to find them more easily when they’re taken hostage again
- Comic artist Tony Moore hates cats
- There are some other reasons why there are no cats around
- All animals are dead due to the zombie apocalypse
- The cat is the only animal that can survive without food or water for 3 months
- Hezekiah was allergic to cats
- The cat is a symbol of death in some cultures
- The Walking Dead is not a story for kids so it doesn’t have any animals
- There are no dogs in this world because they can’t survive with zombies around
Conclusion to Why are there no cats in Walking Dead comics nor TV series?
The Director or scriptwriter of Walking Dead Comics may not like cats and that is why there are no cats in Walking Dead Comics nor in the TV series. But if I were to be a Director or scriptwriter of Walking Dead Comics, I would use cats in my comics because cats are mysterious animals that have been living with us for a long time and have been helping us in many ways.